We know what you’re thinking…
what’s the catch?
Well, truthfully, there isn’t one. Renting is a two-way street. We believe that if we do right by you, you’ll do right by us. For example. We give our tenants a day’s rent back on our 48-hour repair guarantee. But not if they haven’t paid their rent lately, done a Keith Richards on the apartment, or kept everyone up all night with loud parties. Fair? We think so. We can’t promise to be perfect but we do aim to always treat our tenants with fairness, respect and care. Exactly how it should be. Find out more about UNCLE’s PROMISES.
Realstar Group, a Canadian real estate investment and property management business with more than 40 years experience in the industry. After launching in the UK in 2002, we realised just how broken the renting market in London and Manchester really is. So we decided to get off the sidelines to be a part of the solution. Ryan Prince is our Founder but he’d say the real heroes of UNCLE are actually our onsite, resident managers. They’re the ones on the ground making the difference everyday in the lives of our tenants. Both our tenants and us probably agree that we don’t really know where we’d be without them! To read more about us, click here.
The service provided by our resident management team is included in your rent. They do everything from welcoming you on the day you move in, to sorting out repairs and holding on to your parcel deliveries while you’re at work. They’re there to make your life better and easier. Use of the communal areas, which vary from property to property, is included in your rent. At UNCLE Stockwell internet is included. Generally day to day bills such as council tax, gas, electricity, water and internet are not included, but for utilities this has the benefit that you only pay for what you use. Don’t worry we’ll make it all crystal clear from the get-go.
There isn’t one. We think booking or ‘service’ fees are a bogus charge fabricated by greedy letting agents. There’s really no need for them, that’s why we’ve cut it out.
Well, firstly you need to experience the wonders of UNCLE for yourself. Schedule a viewing here.
If you decide UNCLE is the right fit for you, we’ll ask you to fill out an application form and pay a £250 holding deposit to secure the property. If your application is approved, this amount will be taken off your first month’s rent. If you’re not successful, then we’ll simply refund this money back.
You will also need to supply sufficient ID (passport/visa) for us to satisfy Right to Rent checks.
Once your application form is completed and the deposit is paid, we’ll commence the referencing process. We undertake the usual credit, ID, landlord and employer reference check.
If your reference check is successful, we’ll issue a Tenancy Agreement for you to sign and return. You will also need to pay the balance of move in monies which includes the security deposit and rent in advance (equal to 4 weeks/1 month’s rent). These costs will vary by building and by the time of year, so please make sure you ask and get clarity from your UNCLE resident manager before you start the application process.
Once all of this is complete, we will hand over the keys and you can move into your very own UNCLE home.
Make sure you supply the following information in your application for a smooth, quick referencing process:
- Your employer’s contact details including a contact name, email, and phone number. This way we can contact them directly.
- The previous 3 months of payslips and bank statements.
- A form of ID – visa or passport – to satisfy Right to Rent checks.
Keep in mind that we look at all applicants individual circumstances and sometimes tailor our reference requirements to make it work.
That’s easy! We understand that life circumstances change, so we’ve made moving between UNCLE residences easy, that’s why our contracts are flexible. We don’t penalise our residents with outrageous charges for simply wanting to end their lease early to carry on living with us.
We hate to say it, but no furbabies are allowed in our properties.
- The end of tenancy security deposit is up to 5 weeks rent.
- Deposit for taking flat off the market (if applicable) is £250 per application. The holding deposit is payable on signing this application form and is deducted from the first months rent due. If your application is not accepted we’ll return the holding deposit to you.
- Interest on arrears = 3% over the daily base rate of Bank of England. If you are in the middle of your lease, we’ll let you move to another apartment, or even to another one of our locations. We only charge for the additional paint and decoration £250 + VAT (if applicable).
- If you lose your keys or fobs during the tenancy, we will need to charge you the replacement costs. You’ll also be charged if a locksmith is needed to let you back into to the apartment.
- Change of sharer — Sorry… some folks have driven us mad on changes in the past, so we do charge £50, inclusive of any applicable VAT, per replacement tenant if your request is accepted.
- Ending your contract early — We hope you won’t need to move out early, but if you do, and we accept your request, we may require an administration fee to be paid by you. If the surrender is in the first four months of your tenancy, the fee is £1000 +VAT (if applicable). If after the first four months of your tenancy, the fee is £400 +VAT (if applicable).
- Our contracts state what items in the flat are your responsibility to maintain. If we end up arranging a third party contractor to fix one of these items, we may need to charge you for the call out fees.
We offer both unfurnished or fully furnished apartments.
Our apartments in Stockwell and Manchester come fully furnished.
New Cross is unfurnished.
Elephant and Castle is either furnished or unfurnished, it is up to you. You have the choice of choosing from a range of exclusive MADE.com partnership packages at UNCLE E&C. To find our more, book a viewing and come say hello.
Contact us to find out more about our MADE offer.
You certainly do. But keep in mind that some of our properties have other utilities included in the rent. Check out each individual property to see where this applicable.
Unlike the rest of the renting industry, we’re not out to pinch pounds from your back pocket by hitting you with the usual made-up sounding letting agent fees. When leasing with UNCLE you’ll experience:
- No referencing fee
- No check-in / check-out fees
- No admin fees
It’s just one way how we’re contributing towards a better, fairer and more affordable marketplace for UK renters.
Not a cent. All our amenities are for you to enjoy whenever you fancy. It’s part of what makes living at UNCLE oh-so good.
Internet is included in the rent at UNCLE Stockwell.We know that internet connection is super important to our residents. The Resident Managers at each of our other properties will be able to advise about the costs and packages that are available. We’re at the mercy of the providers but we make sure that we offer the highest internet speeds that we humanly can at each of our locations. In most cases we can get 100MB and in some we can now reach 1GB.
Our contract length starts at a minimum of 6 months to a maximum of 3 years. We offer longer contracts because we know that so many tenants are looking for a place to create a stable, long-term nest.
We know renter’s remorse is a real thing. There’s nothing more bothersome than moving into a flat only to find out a few days later that it’s not right for you. We want out tenants to be happy in their home, that’s why we created the opportunity to ‘try before you rent’. If within two weeks you decide you don’t like your UNCLE apartment, we’ll tear up the contract. It’s as simple as that. Everyone moves on. No strings attached.
Well that kind of depends on you. Once we have your fully completed application and the monies have been cleared, you can move in pretty quickly. It’s been known for some of our tenants to move within in a week and even a couple of days.
Yes you do. Even if you tell everyone that you don’t have a TV and then use iPlayer continually.
Of course. We want everyone to be as comfortable as possible. To book a women-only viewing just make your booking as usual, there will be an option on the book a viewing form. Any questions around this please contact [email protected]